What you will cover
- Benchmark your current communication skills with an online assessment
- Practice how to start a conversation in a way that opens others to listening
- Learn how to read minds – understand what other people are thinking and feeling
- Practice ways of preempting and minimizing interpersonal conflict in the moment
- Understand how to balance your level of assertiveness
- Negotiate win/win solutions
- Learn the best ways to gain compliance
- Practice delivering negative feedback
- Learn how to say no
- Learn strategies for clarifying commitment
- Practice holding others accountable
- Obtain tools for helping you choose your battles
- Apply strategies to make your new learning stick
- Assess your pre and post-training skills to see an immediate difference
Check events for a public workshop.
Contact us for in-house training and or personal coaching.
Breakthrough interpersonal communication skills
- Workshop and/or one-on-one coaching
- How to regularly hit that sweet spot between too much and too little assertiveness.
- Preempt or resolve conflict, influence others, deliver feedback, coach, negotiate, and master other interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence-based communication strategies
Who should attend
This workshop is especially helpful for individuals or leaders who need to use their personal influence to get things done, who work in a high-stress environments, or who work with sensitive people where interpersonal relationships are important.
How it works
Small class sizes of no more than 18 to 20 people.
- One full-day interactive workshop with skills practice typically from 8:30 to 4:30.
- 60-days of 5-minute reinforcement exercises e-mailed to participants over the duration of the program
- Three optional 60 to 90-minute booster sessions scheduled in two-week intervals after the initial training session. Includes group-coaching, reinforcement of original material, additional supplemental material.
- Optional individual coaching
- Optional assessments
Standard behavioral coaching with one-on-one skill development using workshop materials as support.
Pricing is personalized according to the chosen reinforcement schedule, format, and/or number of participants.